DB Bobcat Services was started in Lacombe in 1987 by Danny Beach, with just one Truck and a Bobcat, DB offered a service that was high in demand and the business grew year after year.
First, the office was at Danny's home, while the equipment was stored at an old industrial Quonset in Lacombe. Most work came through referrals from satisfied customers and the signs on the easy recognizable blue trucks.
In 2002, DB Bobcat Services expanded into a new shop and office building in the Wolf Creek industrial sub-division in Lacombe. With over 10,000 sq. ft. of shop and office space, this was a big step forward for the company. Maintenance and repairs could now be done indoors and it provided the much need office space for the ever increasing number of support staff.
DB Bobcat Services continues to grow and has recently expanded the grounds and office building, the fresh and modern building adds to the appeal to the surrounding area. In 2015, DB Bobcat did a 3600 sq ft.office expansion and the grounds are now 6 Acres.
DB Bobcat has continued to upgrade its service and equipment to meet the ever growing demand.
- In 2011, DB Bobcat Services purchased a Gravel Pit in the Lacombe County to better serve their clients.
- Six new freightliner gravel trucks were added to their fleet
- A freightliner picker truck for field service and maintenance
- Several new trailers – Pony Pup, Tilt Bed, Doepker End Dump, Low Bed, Hi-Tec Tandem Axel Dump, and a Water and Sewer Site Utility
- Loaders – JD Crawler, JD Loader 4WD, JD 650, 750 Foot Control, GEHL Skid Steer
- Mini Excavator
- Crew Cabs
- Rock Trucks
- Ground Maintenance Equipment
The company is still family-owned and currently employee’s over 45 people at peak season. DB Bobcat works with several sub-contractors to offer full-service to all its customers.